Posts tagged GoDaddy
How To Get Lucky In Business & Life – By Bob Parsons, CEO – Godaddy
Transcribed from a Bob Parsons video article – by Keith Everett
Luck isn’t something you are born with. Here’s how to change your MINDSET and change your LUCK!
1) Lucky people SHOW UP. Great things don’t usually happen when you are sitting on your great big FAT *** (Sofa LOL)
So GET UP & get PRODUCTIVE….
2) Lucky people are open to trying NEW things and new ways of doing things. Trying new things exposes you to new learning opportunities.
That knowledge can be applied to the things you do in life & business. And those new techniques – often will make you more SUCCESSFUL and when you are more successful – you appear LUCKIER.
3) Lucky people spend an absolute MINIMAL amount of time thinking about themselves. Instead, they focus on the people around them, their current projects or NEW OPPORTUNITIES..because of this AWARENESS – they are often more successful than they would have been otherwise and they appear to be VERY LUCKY.
In contrast, the SELF Obsessed are often to tied up in their own problems & challenges to notice the great opportunities and exciting things happening around them, and as a result, they appear to be very UNLUCKY because they have never really given it a chance.
4) Lucky people don’t usually worry about or fret over results or CONSEQUENCES.. Instead they FOCUS on whatever project or process they’re involved in . When we worry too much about the “WHAT IF’S”, we often talk ourselves out of trying new ideas or pursuing new prospects. Let’s face it – you can come up with a reason to NOT do anything.
5) People who appear to be lucky, know how to turn problem situations into OPPORTUNITIES. To do this, you can’t be pre-occupied with the personal consequences Sure, those consequences matter but if you can set those feelings aside – you will be able to see the problem for what it really is and in the process, turn a lot of those problems into JACKPOT Opportunities.
6) LUCKY people are able to overcome criticism. It’s hard not to take criticism personally. Trust me, I get criticised a lot. The trick here is to NOT let the criticism freeze you up, and keep you form following your plan, or trying new things.. Instead, use the criticism as the fuel to do things BIGGER & BETTER..
7) LUCKY people make it a point to do right by other people. When you listen to and help others, they make it a point to reciprocate and take care of you too. And the fact is, none of us – not any of us, achieve SUCCESS all by ourselves..
8) LUCKY people make it a point to have a positive attitude. When you ATTACK life with an UPBEAT – POSITIVE attitude, you’re SHARPER and more willing to tackle any issues that come your way.
9) LUCKY people expect to do well. You have to BELIEVE in yourself and know that you are a WINNER! And if anyone tries to tell you differently, you should be quick to tell them to %%%% OFF!
10) Find BALANCE. People who are lucky are KIND, first & foremost to THEMSELVES. They make time for themselves & their families, and they always take time to have FUN.
I hope you have enjoyed these 10 tips to getting “Lucky” – please leave your comments here