Here are 10 ways to get traffic to your Website or Blog
1) Create a SQUIDOO lens. Get FREE traffic by linking your Squidoo lens back to your Website or Blog. You can do this by adding your articles, then adding appropriate links.
You can also add your Website’s RSS feed to your Squidoo Lens. Create as many free lenses as you want and even add your affiliate banners and links to them.
I use Squidoo’s revenue share system by adding their Amazon & eBay modules for a 50/50 commission split. You will also receive commission on their Google Adsense ads. You can of course add your own links to Amazon & eBay & you can add links to your PPC & CPA offers if you wish. Overall, Squidoo lenses rank quite well on Google, if you optimize them properly with lots of good quality keywords. Don’t forget to include your keyword in the title of your lens.. You can also add as many tags to each lens as you want – Score 10/10
2) Facebook Fan/Like Page -Traffic Swaps – Nowadays you can exchange just about anything, traffic is no exception. I’m not talking about untargeted traffic through dubious Ad schemes. I’m talking about contacting the owners of similar Facebook Fan/Like Pages or groups and offering to mention their Fan Pages either/or on your own personal wall or on your own Fan Page. Also you can mention their Fan page to your Facebook friends in exchange for them doing exactly the same. Always set your Fan Page Welcome tab to default view – this should contain your list opt-in details. A perfect way to get targeted traffic, all for free. Score 9/10
3) Blog Sharing – You can syndicate your Blog to automatically appear on Facebook whenever you publish a post, this is done through a free system called Networked Blogs - your post can also be syndicated to your Facebook Fan/Like page,old style Facebook Group & your twitter accounts. When Network Blogs syndicate this, this will create an instant burst of traffic to your Blog as it will appear on your wall – for all your Facebook friends to see. You will also go viral as viewers through networked Blogs are given the option to share, comment, vote or tweet it on Twitter. Score 9/10
4) YouTube – Video Marketing. Creating free videos that have useful content is a great way for creating a viral traffic share system. what I mean by this is if you create a useful video, for example – “How to Clean Up Your Desktop – people can relate to this video, as plenty of people have messy desktops. They will find the information in the video useful and pass it on if, actively encouraged to do so. How do you encourage people to do this for you?
a) Provide great, USEFUL content.
b) ASK Them to pass it on… yes, believe me this works. If you use Camtasia, put a slide in the last few frames of the video saying something like “If you found this Video useful, why not pass it on, I’m sure your friends would love to know how to ” Keep their desktops clean“, or whatever it is you make your video about. don’t forget to include a visual link to your website in the last few frames (if you have Camtasia) and a click-able link on You Tube to show underneath the video (very important).
If you don’t have Camtasia, don’t worry – I have made over 30 videos just using a cheap FLIP Camcorder just speak the words… “If you found this video useful, please share this video with your friends”, into your camcorder, in the last few seconds.
Put your videos on You Tube, Facebook, also share on other Social Networks including the many video sharing sites. Score. 8/10.
5) Guest Blogging - Find highly ranked, high traffic Blogs (Check Alexa) in your Niche, contact the owners and ask them if you can submit a Blog post, tell them how beneficial your unique content will be to their readers… By the way, we use Guest Bloggers all the time. It’s good for us as we have many varied articles by different authors, and it’s good for the person who guest Blogs as they get links back to their Website or Blog. Score 8/10
6) Forum Marketing – This is often overlooked as a viable traffic method but when used correctly can bring you almost INSTANT results.. Offering USEFUL advice in reply to a person’s post in a thread that you have some working knowledge of can, providing you have a click-able signature set up – produce another great source of free traffic, especially when used in high traffic forums such as the Warrior Forum. Don’t just post a simple “good post” in reply to a post. – actually try to solve the person’s problem, this will also attract comments to your reply, just keep replying to the replies and the thread will grow & grow and the views to your signature will follow suit. Score 7/10
7) Blog Commenting – Again, go for high traffic Blogs, post useful comments in reply to a specific post. Your replies should offer a good insight into the content of the original post. use good keywords in your reply . Leave your website address in the post & comment regularly. If your comments are useful, the blog owner may end up contacting you in the end to act as a guest Blogger.. Keep the comments coming, people love comments, if they are good – people will click your link and want to know more about you. Score 7/10
8) Create FREE Reports & Give them Away. create a free report on an in demand topic, this could be a short report of just a couple of pages or more. Convert it into a pdf file (read with adobe), and share it. By creating free reports of value and linking them back to your Web Page or Blog, you will get traffic, you can also encourage people to share your free report with friends via email. I do this with free reports containing affiliate links, it does work. Score 7/10
9) Only Wire – I use Only Wire to distribute my Articles, Videos & Blog posts. Only Wire is a down-loadable submission tool which is free and you can submit your content to up to 42 different Social Network sites in a matter of seconds (you need to join the sites you want to submit to) - Score 7/10
10) Link Exchange – Approach the owners of high traffic Blogs & Websites to exchange links with you. They can only say no. Some will, some won’t. You never know if you don’t try. Score 7/10