Here are 10 ways to get traffic to your Website or Blog
1) Create a SQUIDOO lens. Get FREE traffic by linking your Squidoo lens back to your Website or Blog. You can do this by adding your articles, then adding appropriate links.
You can also add your Website’s RSS feed to your Squidoo Lens. Create as many free lenses as you want and even add your affiliate banners and links to them.
I use Squidoo’s revenue share system by adding their Amazon & eBay modules for a 50/50 commission split. You will also receive commission on their Google Adsense ads. You can of course add your own links to Amazon & eBay & you can add links to your PPC & CPA offers if you wish. Overall, Squidoo lenses rank quite well on Google, if you optimize them properly with lots of good quality keywords. Don’t forget to include your keyword in the title of your lens.. You can also add as many tags to each lens as you want – Score 10/10
2) Facebook Fan/Like Page -Traffic Swaps – Nowadays you can exchange just about anything, traffic is no exception. I’m not talking about untargeted traffic through dubious Ad schemes. I’m talking about contacting the owners of similar Facebook Fan/Like Pages or groups and offering to mention their Fan Pages either/or on your own personal wall or on your own Fan Page. Also you can mention their Fan page to your Facebook friends in exchange for them doing exactly the same. Always set your Fan Page Welcome tab to default view – this should contain your list opt-in details. A perfect way to get targeted traffic, all for free. Score 9/10
3) Blog Sharing – You can syndicate your Blog to automatically appear on Facebook whenever you publish a post, this is done through a free system called Networked Blogs - your post can also be syndicated to your Facebook Fan/Like page,old style Facebook Group & your twitter accounts. When Network Blogs syndicate this, this will create an instant burst of traffic to your Blog as it will appear on your wall – for all your Facebook friends to see. You will also go viral as viewers through networked Blogs are given the option to share, comment, vote or tweet it on Twitter. Score 9/10
4) YouTube – Video Marketing. Creating free videos that have useful content is a great way for creating a viral traffic share system. what I mean by this is if you create a useful video, for example – “How to Clean Up Your Desktop – people can relate to this video, as plenty of people have messy desktops. They will find the information in the video useful and pass it on if, actively encouraged to do so. How do you encourage people to do this for you?
a) Provide great, USEFUL content.
b) ASK Them to pass it on… yes, believe me this works. If you use Camtasia, put a slide in the last few frames of the video saying something like “If you found this Video useful, why not pass it on, I’m sure your friends would love to know how to ” Keep their desktops clean“, or whatever it is you make your video about. don’t forget to include a visual link to your website in the last few frames (if you have Camtasia) and a click-able link on You Tube to show underneath the video (very important).
If you don’t have Camtasia, don’t worry – I have made over 30 videos just using a cheap FLIP Camcorder just speak the words… “If you found this video useful, please share this video with your friends”, into your camcorder, in the last few seconds.
Put your videos on You Tube, Facebook, also share on other Social Networks including the many video sharing sites. Score. 8/10.
5) Guest Blogging - Find highly ranked, high traffic Blogs (Check Alexa) in your Niche, contact the owners and ask them if you can submit a Blog post, tell them how beneficial your unique content will be to their readers… By the way, we use Guest Bloggers all the time. It’s good for us as we have many varied articles by different authors, and it’s good for the person who guest Blogs as they get links back to their Website or Blog. Score 8/10
6) Forum Marketing – This is often overlooked as a viable traffic method but when used correctly can bring you almost INSTANT results.. Offering USEFUL advice in reply to a person’s post in a thread that you have some working knowledge of can, providing you have a click-able signature set up – produce another great source of free traffic, especially when used in high traffic forums such as the Warrior Forum. Don’t just post a simple “good post” in reply to a post. – actually try to solve the person’s problem, this will also attract comments to your reply, just keep replying to the replies and the thread will grow & grow and the views to your signature will follow suit. Score 7/10
7) Blog Commenting – Again, go for high traffic Blogs, post useful comments in reply to a specific post. Your replies should offer a good insight into the content of the original post. use good keywords in your reply . Leave your website address in the post & comment regularly. If your comments are useful, the blog owner may end up contacting you in the end to act as a guest Blogger.. Keep the comments coming, people love comments, if they are good – people will click your link and want to know more about you. Score 7/10
8) Create FREE Reports & Give them Away. create a free report on an in demand topic, this could be a short report of just a couple of pages or more. Convert it into a pdf file (read with adobe), and share it. By creating free reports of value and linking them back to your Web Page or Blog, you will get traffic, you can also encourage people to share your free report with friends via email. I do this with free reports containing affiliate links, it does work. Score 7/10
9) Only Wire – I use Only Wire to distribute my Articles, Videos & Blog posts. Only Wire is a down-loadable submission tool which is free and you can submit your content to up to 42 different Social Network sites in a matter of seconds (you need to join the sites you want to submit to) - Score 7/10
10) Link Exchange – Approach the owners of high traffic Blogs & Websites to exchange links with you. They can only say no. Some will, some won’t. You never know if you don’t try. Score 7/10
I wanted to show you 25 ways to increase website traffic. Just give it to you, right here, right now, how’s that? Good? OK great! Let’s not waste any time…
#1 – Article Marketing
Many people ignore this first method to increase website traffic. It’s as simple as article marketing. It is a simple method of creating, writing and submitting articles to various directories online such as:
When you post articles to these websites you soon start to see that your website start to see some traffic from the articles you write. It will then start to increase and eventually you get more and more backlinks from more and more articles, which results in higher search engine rankings.
Simply write and submit as many high quality articles as possible and be sure to link back to the website you want to drive traffic to! The articles will drive you traffic immediately, as well as build quality incoming backlinks. The article might sometimes rank on its own in the search results and drive you some simple traffic! Try it out!
#2 – Social Bookmarking
Another way to get some immediate traffic and have this be free, is to use social bookmarking. It’s one of the most popular methods, but also one of the most underused methods of increasing the backlinks you get to your website, but also the instant traffic from the social bookmarking site itself.
Here are some of the sites I use with this method:
* And many more.
You want to try to include your websites keyword in order to help boost the websites search engine rankings. Try it by signing up for these services and promoting your website’s pages. Try to only bookmark valuable pages of your websites. Nothing spammy or sales will get any attention on these sites!
#3 – Yahoo Answers
If you are not aware of Yahoo Answers it’s a website that allows people to post questions and you will simply answer these questions with a good response. Then when you gain enough credibility to answer questions in the best way possible you can link back to resource pages on your website and get some immediate traffic from answering questions of targeted prospects!
#4 – Blog Commenting
Blog commenting is an effective strategy for getting more visitors. You can find high traffic blogs in your marketplace and post valuable comments, adding to the value of the post and include a link back to your website, usually in the name of your post.
Do not spam and link to your website in the actual post, but write a compelling and good answer and people will click your name anyway!
#5 – Using Blog Platforms
If you are not currently owning a blog you are putting a lot of free targeted traffic on the table. A blog is so loved by Google that you might get thousands of free visitors just by having the right blog on the Internet at the right time.
This blog can then funnel traffic to your website or whatever else it is that you want more traffic to, maybe a Hub that you have? Who knows? Either way, you can use blogs on these platforms.
I highly recommend starting at least a free blog at blogger.com with your targeted keywords in them! This method has gotten me thousands of free visitors.
#6 – Squidoo Marketing
A site similar to HubPages is Squidoo. This website will allow you to create what is called a “lens” and not a “hub”. This site is very similar to hub pages in the way it operates and the ease of use, as well as the ability to rank high in Google for your target keywords.
I’ve got tons of free squidoo lenses on the Internet that get free targeted traffic, which then funnels that traffic to my websites. I highly suggest you create a couple of lenses and start promoting your website with Squidoo, as well as HubPages right now!
#7 – Hub Pages
Hubpages - has over 100,000 people in its community ready to visit your hub, if it’s valuable enough to the visitor. So create a couple of hubs that help promote yourself or your website. Since the community doesn’t like spammy hubs, make sure you create a hub with genuine value, such as this hub. It has a list of resources and methods for going about getting traffic to your website.
These types of hubs seems to do incredibly well, so it’s time to start building your hubpage empire too!
#8 – Keyword Research
The most important thing when driving traffic is keyword research! If your keywords are not targeted to people who want what you offer it’s not going to be a match anyway. There are a few rules to think about when it comes to keyword research, some of the things include the amount of searches per month, and the competing pages in search engines.
Try to find keywords with 2,000 searches or more per month, obviously, and less than 25,000 competing pages in Google, where few are authority sites on the first page of the search engine you are targeting.
So let’s say you have 5,300 searches per month for a keyword, that might get you 0 visitors, unless you are ranked high in Google for that term, so the competition might be “100,000? in quotes.
That is too much, but if the same keyword had 5,300 searches and only 8,241 competing pages in Google you will more likely rank for that keyword! Understand? Great!
#9 – Press Release Distribution
Press Releases are free to submit on many websites. They can turn out to be a good promotional tool if you have something worthy of a news announcement. Got a new website? Release a press release about your new website, that’s simple enough! Try to target your press release to your keywords and submit it to.
And many more!
#10 – Use Free Ads
UsFreeAds is a website that will allow you to post an ad for your website. It is like a short classified ad to help promote your website. Try it out and see that you can get some really cool results from it!
#11 – Content Is King
No matter which traffic method you are using, always remember that content is king! Content moves the Internet and the person with the best and the most content for a keyword will have the most opportunity to get traffic so create a lot of it and place it on your website, other websites and link back to your website.
You don’t always have to write in order to spread your content to gain attention and visitors online! You can also use video marketing sites to get the same message across, and sometimes better than with articles or text. I use video a lot to help increase the traffic to my sites in various markets. I like to do it and it’s a lot of fun.
Here are some of the sites to submit your videos to:
* Google Video
* Yahoo Video
* Facebook Video
And many more. Please keep your videos short, valuable and to the point as well. This will help people like your videos and go visit your website.
#13 – Use Facebook
Facebook is a great place to share your website. Get active in the community and talk to a lot of people in the community! Share links that are interesting, videos and photos. Join groups and create your own fan pages to help increase the visibility of your website.
I use this method a lot and have only recently started to use facebook as a serious business tool to drive traffic to my sites and it’s working wonders! Try it, you will not be disappointed!
#14 – Forum Marketing
Get active in forums and start posting good answers to people questions. Share links to your other resources that you created, articles, videos etc. Share some photos of yourself too! Join in the many discussions going on and try to establish a sense of authority and credibility in the forum as somebody who is a good valuable resource.
#15 – Create An Affiliate Program
If you have your own product that you are selling, why not start an affiliate program and have other people promote your website for you? So instead of building traffic yourself, share your methods and allow affiliates to promote your product for you. It’s a great way to get some traffic without paying a single dime!
#16 – Join Twitter
If you haven’t noticed lately, Twitter is one of the fastest growing phenomena out there right now. You will find that millions of people are sharing their messages and getting very simple things to become very viral on Twitter, so if you are not currently on Twitter you are missing a huge portion of the marketplace. So join now and start posting valuable resources and links to interesting things you find online. Sometimes you want to mention your own website and get visitors to come over and take a look. Share a lot of content and engage in conversation.
#17 – Search Engine Optimization
SEO or search engine optimization is one of the best ways to get free targeted traffic for a long time. Pick 20 or so keywords and start creating content for those keywords, build links to your website and optimize it the best for your keywords.
Some things to think about with SEO is to have your keyword in each of these elements of your page:
* Title Tags
* Header Tags
* Underlining, Bolding, Italic
* Anchor texts for links
When your site is optimized in the best way possible it will start to gain some attention in the search engines and start getting free traffic on autopilot! Neat, huh?
#18 – Submit Your RSS Feeds
A great way to increase your traffic is to distribute your RSS feed to RSS distribution sites. It will help you spread your message faster and more people will find your RSS feed if it’s out there in more places than just your own website.
Some of the feeds to submit are:
* Your Blog Feed
* Squidoo Feed
* HubPages Feed
* Article Account Feeds
#19 – Directory Submission
You can go ahead and submit your website to various directories online that have resources and links to websites. This will help increase the amount of backlinks you get to your website and thus increase your SEO. It will be hard to get too much traffic from these on their own, but you do get some SEO benefit!
Here are some directories:
#20 – Networking With Others
One of the best ways to drive more traffic is by aligning yourself in strategic alliances with other successful webmasters in your niche. You can exchange links, email lists and a lot more. This will allow you to have access to a lot of leads, say you know 10 people with 10,000 people on their lists… It would open you up to 100,000 new prospects immediately!
See how powerful these relationships can be!
#21 – Use Digg.com
Another site you might want to consider networking on and driving traffic with is Digg.com. It will allow you to post news for your niche and people can come vote on your content. Your content will then get seen by others in the Digg.com community and you will get more diggs that will lead to more traffic. It can get really viral if you have something of good value and post it to Digg.com!
#22 – Be Bold And Daring
In order to attract people you will need to be a little bold and daring. The more over the top you are, but deliver good valuable stuff the more people will feel attraction towards you. Some of the most successful people are very bold and daring. They speak their mind so don’t be afraid to be a little animated when you go about your content or whatever!
#23 – Encourage Interaction With Your Visitors
When you post a blog post for example. Ask people to interact with you and leave comments. Have them interact, engage and help you improve your site. This helps show that you care about your visitors and will attract more of them!
Help make it easy for your visitors to share your content by providing “share this buttons” and other “sharing abilities” on your site.. Make it easy for them to share your stuff!
#24 – Join, And Get BUSY In The Warrior Forum
When you are honestly active in a forum you are always providing great information and you continuously build your credibility to become one of the authorities in your niche.
I’ve use these methods and this forum to drive thousands of visitors, how? It’s because it’s full of targeted people, then I place good valuable content in front of them.
The best part is that you don’t have to pay a single penny for the visitors you attract. You’ll become an internet marketing magnet that immidiately catches the attention of your prospects and sends server crushing traffic for free!