Here are 10 ways to get traffic to your Website or Blog
1) Create a SQUIDOO lens. Get FREE traffic by linking your Squidoo lens back to your Website or Blog. You can do this by adding your articles, then adding appropriate links.
You can also add your Website’s RSS feed to your Squidoo Lens. Create as many free lenses as you want and even add your affiliate banners and links to them.
I use Squidoo’s revenue share system by adding their Amazon & eBay modules for a 50/50 commission split. You will also receive commission on their Google Adsense ads. You can of course add your own links to Amazon & eBay & you can add links to your PPC & CPA offers if you wish. Overall, Squidoo lenses rank quite well on Google, if you optimize them properly with lots of good quality keywords. Don’t forget to include your keyword in the title of your lens.. You can also add as many tags to each lens as you want – Score 10/10
2) Facebook Fan/Like Page -Traffic Swaps – Nowadays you can exchange just about anything, traffic is no exception. I’m not talking about untargeted traffic through dubious Ad schemes. I’m talking about contacting the owners of similar Facebook Fan/Like Pages or groups and offering to mention their Fan Pages either/or on your own personal wall or on your own Fan Page. Also you can mention their Fan page to your Facebook friends in exchange for them doing exactly the same. Always set your Fan Page Welcome tab to default view – this should contain your list opt-in details. A perfect way to get targeted traffic, all for free. Score 9/10
3) Blog Sharing – You can syndicate your Blog to automatically appear on Facebook whenever you publish a post, this is done through a free system called Networked Blogs - your post can also be syndicated to your Facebook Fan/Like page,old style Facebook Group & your twitter accounts. When Network Blogs syndicate this, this will create an instant burst of traffic to your Blog as it will appear on your wall – for all your Facebook friends to see. You will also go viral as viewers through networked Blogs are given the option to share, comment, vote or tweet it on Twitter. Score 9/10
4) YouTube – Video Marketing. Creating free videos that have useful content is a great way for creating a viral traffic share system. what I mean by this is if you create a useful video, for example – “How to Clean Up Your Desktop – people can relate to this video, as plenty of people have messy desktops. They will find the information in the video useful and pass it on if, actively encouraged to do so. How do you encourage people to do this for you?
a) Provide great, USEFUL content.
b) ASK Them to pass it on… yes, believe me this works. If you use Camtasia, put a slide in the last few frames of the video saying something like “If you found this Video useful, why not pass it on, I’m sure your friends would love to know how to ” Keep their desktops clean“, or whatever it is you make your video about. don’t forget to include a visual link to your website in the last few frames (if you have Camtasia) and a click-able link on You Tube to show underneath the video (very important).
If you don’t have Camtasia, don’t worry – I have made over 30 videos just using a cheap FLIP Camcorder just speak the words… “If you found this video useful, please share this video with your friends”, into your camcorder, in the last few seconds.
Put your videos on You Tube, Facebook, also share on other Social Networks including the many video sharing sites. Score. 8/10.
5) Guest Blogging - Find highly ranked, high traffic Blogs (Check Alexa) in your Niche, contact the owners and ask them if you can submit a Blog post, tell them how beneficial your unique content will be to their readers… By the way, we use Guest Bloggers all the time. It’s good for us as we have many varied articles by different authors, and it’s good for the person who guest Blogs as they get links back to their Website or Blog. Score 8/10
6) Forum Marketing – This is often overlooked as a viable traffic method but when used correctly can bring you almost INSTANT results.. Offering USEFUL advice in reply to a person’s post in a thread that you have some working knowledge of can, providing you have a click-able signature set up – produce another great source of free traffic, especially when used in high traffic forums such as the Warrior Forum. Don’t just post a simple “good post” in reply to a post. – actually try to solve the person’s problem, this will also attract comments to your reply, just keep replying to the replies and the thread will grow & grow and the views to your signature will follow suit. Score 7/10
7) Blog Commenting – Again, go for high traffic Blogs, post useful comments in reply to a specific post. Your replies should offer a good insight into the content of the original post. use good keywords in your reply . Leave your website address in the post & comment regularly. If your comments are useful, the blog owner may end up contacting you in the end to act as a guest Blogger.. Keep the comments coming, people love comments, if they are good – people will click your link and want to know more about you. Score 7/10
8) Create FREE Reports & Give them Away. create a free report on an in demand topic, this could be a short report of just a couple of pages or more. Convert it into a pdf file (read with adobe), and share it. By creating free reports of value and linking them back to your Web Page or Blog, you will get traffic, you can also encourage people to share your free report with friends via email. I do this with free reports containing affiliate links, it does work. Score 7/10
9) Only Wire – I use Only Wire to distribute my Articles, Videos & Blog posts. Only Wire is a down-loadable submission tool which is free and you can submit your content to up to 42 different Social Network sites in a matter of seconds (you need to join the sites you want to submit to) - Score 7/10
10) Link Exchange – Approach the owners of high traffic Blogs & Websites to exchange links with you. They can only say no. Some will, some won’t. You never know if you don’t try. Score 7/10
I love my Blog, and quite frankly – my Blog love ME… How do I know this?
Well, every day it brings me nice people, who take the time to browse my content and sometimes comment, also they Tweet my tips to their Twitter followers & sometimes “like” them to their Facebook friends..
SO, do you want a TON of Traffic winging it’s way, everyday to your blog? and most of it FREE? – OK, here goes:
1) Name your FAN page on Facebook after your Blog, mass invite your Facebook friends to join your Fan Page and also in the very same message, ask them to also subscribe to your blog.
2) Add Networked Blogs to your Facebook Profile. Then click on the Syndication button and every post can then be automatically sent to your Personal Page, your Fan Page, your Group Page & your Twitter Accounts.
3) Use the Networked Blogs application to invite your Facebook Friends to subscribe to your blog. You can invite a maximum of 16 friends every 24 hrs. You can send unlimited invitations to your personal email list though.
4) Add a Blog tab to your Facebook profile. Using Networked Blogs will allow you to drag the Blog tab to your profile, add Networked Blogs to the tab.. Or you an also add an RSS feed blog tab via Blog Tab. Personally I would go for Networked Blogs on the tab.
5) Add a Plugin to your Wordpess blog that allows your visitors to share your content, with their Social Networks. I personally use Sexy Bookmarks for sharing to social networks, and I also use Tweetmeme for visitors to Tweet the content to their Twitter followers. if they want to do that. I would also strongly suggest you add a Facebook“like” button too., for your visitors to like your content. Their friends will be able to see what they are “liking”
6) Make a short 30 second video for FREE at Animoto add your blog pictures, text describing your blog and some free music from Animoto. Submit it to as many video sharing sites as you can. Also share the video on Facebook, Twitter & and many other Social Networks.
7) Comment on other peoples blogs. especially high ranking blogs on page 1 or 2 of Google. Just type in the keywords in your particular Niche into Google and search for blogs.. then post useful comments linking back to your blog. This will build up high quality backlinks to your blog..
8) Comment in Forums regularly, using your blog URL embedded in your clickable signature link..
9) Write articles (these could be your blog posts) submit them to Ezine Articles and other Article sharing sites and link your blog to the Author Bio.
10) Advertise your blog on FREE classified ad sites such as Craigslist - you can even post free classified ads in eBay under “local services”
11) Exchange links with other blog owners.
12) Check out Fiverr. There are plenty of people on there who will do all kinds of things to get you traffic to your blog, for just $5
13) Include links to your blog in every email you send to your list.
14) Advertise free views of your blog in Facebook Marketplace for FREE! for 30 days. - Check out mine you can also promote it to the top of the listings for free, once every 24hrs..
15) Advertise you Blog on your CAR!…not literally.. just put your URL and what it is either in your back window or elsewhere on your vehicle. It may or may not get views but it could be a good talking point down at the local School or Tesco..didn’t see that one coming, did you LOL..
I hope you have enjoyed today’s tips on how to increase traffic to your blog. If you have found this useful, please comment