By Keith Everett
Here is my take on why some people perhaps don’t get the recognition they deserve and why other people with over inflated EGO’s and their head stuck up in peculiar places seem to shine & dominate..
In short, it’s been a whole six days since I had personally written anything for Keith’s Money Making Tips, and I felt it was time to air my views upon my long suffering readers. yet again!. LOL!..
Here are some observations, I have noted about Successful & Unsuccessful people:
1) Successful people are not necessarily the best at what they do, they just have an uncanny “knack” of convincing people they are.
2) Unsuccessful people may be the best at what they do, but have an uncanny “knack” of being poor at marketing their talent – so no one ever gets to see how great they could have been.
3) Successful people tend to be “driven”. They focus on the “end” result and are not swayed by the temptation to take too many different paths.
4) Unsuccessful people tend to be “all at sea” a lot of the time, they lack focus – and although they could be just as successful as anyone else, they refuse to change their mindset and blame “other things” or other “people” for their problems. Even if the problems are of their own making in the first place.
5) Successful people always tend to look at “positive” angles, even when their own life is currently not looking so great.
6) Unsuccessful people tend to focus on negative things, even when things are looking up for them – they seem hell bent on self sabotage, and attract more negativity into their lives by focusing on problems, instead of the solutions. They tend to “hang” with other like minded “merchants of doom”
7) Successful people realise it’s a marathon, not a sprint and building success takes time
8) Unsuccessful people tend to buy into the “Business Opportunity Syndrome” and are looking for instant gratification as found in the infamous “business in a box” type strategies and instant wealth CLAPTRAP.
9) Successful businesses have solid legs, they are sustainable, plan for future growth and are built with the end in mind
10) Unsuccessful businesses refuse to embrace new change, new technology and once the business has been “thrown up”, it is left to it’s own devices, with the owner or owners spending as much of the profits (if any) as possible.
In short, you don’t have to be the BEST to be GREAT, what you need to do in my opinion is to be EVERYWHERE!. If no one knows about you, they won’t know what you do, they can’t get to like you, if they can’t get to like you – they won’t trust you or buy from you.
Getting started seems to be the No1 stepping stone online. A lot of people people wait until they make the perfect video, the perfect eBook, the perfect website and the perfect sales page.. In essence, most of the products out there are far from perfect, but they sell.
Do you know why?
Because someone, somewhere got off their A** and made it happen.. and didn’t wait to be GREAT!
Oh Well, that’s my RANT! for the day.. ;-)
P.S If you have any comments, I would love to hear from you
Are your habits killing you – do you suffer from lack of motivation?
By Keith Everett
There is a lot of advice going around on various ways to get motivated for 2011, some good, some bad. I’m no expert on personal development and I don’t possess any certificates to say that I am, however – I have been around the block a few times and have made all the classic mistakes.
If you are entering the Internet Marketing business and you have problems getting started online through lack of motivation, then this could be for you. Or even if you aren’t a newbie, you could still be suffering from NEVER START disease.
What is this disease?, it’s the disease of doing lots of STUFF but never getting anywhere, motion, movement – whatever you want to call it only creates results if focused properly, otherwise you are just creating NOISE…
Apart from burning your bed or chaining yourself to your computer, here are some sensible ways to get out of the starting blocks and get motivated in 2011. As the doomy gloomy weather continues in many places around the world, it’s not only people’s noses and throats that are getting bunged up with cold (me included)
People’s brains are starting to wither and their motivation can start to WILT.. Here is a list of 9 tips I hope will help to get you some mental VIAGRA to your brain..
Step 1) Fix firmly in your mind, what exactly is your overall goal for 2011, commit this to paper and list the Monthly, Weekly & Daily steps you intend
to take to achieve this goal.
Step 2) Each night before you go to bed, make a list of everything you intend to achieve the next day and write it down on a pad
Allot a specific time limit to each task,finish the task in the time allotted and you must complete the task in one sitting, .ie no breaks or other distractions. This will start to create HABIT…with positive habits, you will begin to get more done everyday!
Always ask yourself, is what I’m doing REALLY moving me forward toward my ultimate 2011 goal, if not – don’t do it. Too many people spend a large part of the day “FUMBLING”.. i.e moving sheets of paper around, answering email and facebooking for fun…
OK, I admit I love facebooking for FUN but I do a little, then move on, and so on.
Step 3) Each day, keep a log of your progress that day and comment on how this day has influenced your progress in achieving your main 2011 Goal, commit this information into a diary with days and hours listed, review this diary daily..
Step 4) Remind yourself daily (every hour) what it is you will have achieved by December the 31st 2011, keep reminding yourself by placing pictures of your ultimate 2011 Goal in places people tend to spend rest time, i.e Bathroom, Bedroom & Lounge.. and always keep a reminder above your desk…
Step 5) Form an alliance of 3/4 people who have similar goals to you, either on Skype or Facebook with the intentions that each member should daily be checking up on each others progress within the group, even if it is just a text message as a “prompt”
Step 6) If you are more productive in the morning, why not get up an hour earlier each day before you go to work and spend an hour working on your goal. If you must, go to bed an hour later the night before to compensate.
Step 7) Take everything out of your daily routine that is NOT helping you toward your ultimate goal. i.e overeating, excessive TV watching, excessive spending… SEX… LOL! who put that in there?
Step 8) Form NEW Habits… if your daily routine is NOT making you RICHER, HAPPIER, HEALTHIER etc… change your existing habits and REPLACE them with NEW habits.. I can honestly say, my daily food routine was PIZZA, Pies, Sausages and other Crap, I have since replaced with new fresh fruits, nuts & grains. Not only do I enjoy my meals more but I feel more ALIVE, and I have more energy & motivation… are your habits KILLING you? Are you going to get to the end of 2011 to achieve your Goal.
Step 9) OK, here is my last tip to get motivated in 2011 and it for me is the biggest.. UNCLUTTER your life, one
of the reasons people get confused, de-motivated and almost give up is because they feel they
have to learn everything at once… especially in Internet Marketing
This can result in becoming overwhelmed & disillusioned. Believe me I have been there. Focus on one thing at a time. You don’t have to learn everything at once, if you try you will be treading the path to FAILURE..
Learn one thing at a time, declutter your life, your desktop, your computer, your brain, start to see the wood form the trees, focus on one thing at a time, once you have mastered that, start something else that’s relative.
Just one final thought – do things that make your palms sweat and give you stomach cramps now and again, being “safe” and secure is nice and “warm” but rarely gets you to where you want to go or to what you want to achieve… If things aren’t working for you, change them – even if they seem scary now, the chances are they will not be scary at all once you have done them..
There you go, That is my little list of things to hopefully get you off the uncluttered road, onto a clear pathway, with every step adding a notch on your bedpost toward your ultimate 2011 Goal I have a lot of MIND Boggling lol! information to come both here on Keith’s Money Making Tips and my new project (opening soon) Ask The Tipster
Have an ASTOUNDING 2011.. I’m up for it, whose with me?
P.S I would love to hear your comments – please leave a comment here