Being More Productive
By Keith Everett
Catchy title Oui! but what the heck does it mean?
It simply means that when I started in Internet Marketing, my view of the Internet Marketing playground was a lot different than it is today… 1 year on.
I guess back then I was easily seduced by “shiny” things. I had no point of reference as to what was real.. what was a genuine reliable source of information or what was, well to put it politely. CRAP!. This article – I hope, will help you see how the “crowd” is trampling itself to DEATH!
Statistically, 97% of people entering this Online ARENA, are thrown to the lions within a few short months and go back to their former life, bruised, battered and cynical as HELL, believing the Internet Marketing “thing” was NOT for them…
SO.. if I gave you a choice. Jump into the 3% field of Diamonds OR Go down the 97% Black hole… which would you choose? A Simple choice, isn’t it?
Yet,strangely enough. A large percentage of the 97% ALREADY know what they are doing WRONG, yet they still continue to do it. In the vain hope that “If you throw enough darts at a dartboard… you MUST surely hit the bullseye eventually” – RIGHT?… Wrong! – You might NEVER hit the Bullseye..
Doing MORE, doesn’t always mean you are making progress, it simply means you are making a “noise”. Movement is one thing, TRACTION is another, these things are so often confused, especially by new people coming into the online industry.
If you follow the herd and just do what everyone else does – The HERD, don’t always WIN.. the herd are just the herd, and that’s what they DO…FOLLOW!
They go around being the SAME as the next person, the teacher says! X + Y = Z. You do X + Y as instructed, you get to Z but you are still part of the HERD!
You see, when I started out. I had lots of experts telling me what to do. I joined this membership site, that membership site. I was spending more per week on membership sites and products than I had been making per week in my previous job… I even convinced myself that “Oh well, in business – you will have expenses. And indeed you do. However, I was my own worst enemy, because instead of developing myself as an expert in the Internet Marketing arena. I was in fact becoming part of the crowd. And the crowd “hiss and boo” and make lots of noise. But very little MONEY!
So, over to YOU!. check out who the successful people Online really are, and what they do. They SELL products.. yes they now give a TON of stuff away for FREE.. It’s the way forward for us all, but at the end of the day, they either sell a service, or a product. Some do both!
YOU are just part of that process… Marketers tend to sell to Marketers, new or otherwise. However, Social Media is developing at such breakneck speed, opening up more and more opportunities to market your services and products to the OFFLINE world..
These are very EXCITING times, it is very competitive out there. Even more so now, we need to be DIFFERENT. We need to develop brand “YOU”.
More emphasis should be placed on how to be an individual, not a NUMBER in a BIG crowd. This is something not talked about very much, as being a NUMBER means you are easier to market to.
Why do I think 97% FAIL in this game.. ?!? “People adopt a “Business Opportunity” mentality, meaning that they are looking to replace hard work with “shiny objects” and they FAIL to IMPACT people to buy from them in any great quantity due to “following the crowd”
My formula for SUCCESS……. Knowledge + Implementation (Action) + Eye Catching Brand (you) = Success…
I hope you have found this useful, please leave me a comment.
I’ve decided to do some 121 coaching on an hourly basis through Skype soon, if anyone is interested, let me know. My rates are very reasonable, I will help you to stay on track and focus on the core issues.
All the best
By Keith Everett
Here is my take on why some people perhaps don’t get the recognition they deserve and why other people with over inflated EGO’s and their head stuck up in peculiar places seem to shine & dominate..
In short, it’s been a whole six days since I had personally written anything for Keith’s Money Making Tips, and I felt it was time to air my views upon my long suffering readers. yet again!. LOL!..
Here are some observations, I have noted about Successful & Unsuccessful people:
1) Successful people are not necessarily the best at what they do, they just have an uncanny “knack” of convincing people they are.
2) Unsuccessful people may be the best at what they do, but have an uncanny “knack” of being poor at marketing their talent – so no one ever gets to see how great they could have been.
3) Successful people tend to be “driven”. They focus on the “end” result and are not swayed by the temptation to take too many different paths.
4) Unsuccessful people tend to be “all at sea” a lot of the time, they lack focus – and although they could be just as successful as anyone else, they refuse to change their mindset and blame “other things” or other “people” for their problems. Even if the problems are of their own making in the first place.
5) Successful people always tend to look at “positive” angles, even when their own life is currently not looking so great.
6) Unsuccessful people tend to focus on negative things, even when things are looking up for them – they seem hell bent on self sabotage, and attract more negativity into their lives by focusing on problems, instead of the solutions. They tend to “hang” with other like minded “merchants of doom”
7) Successful people realise it’s a marathon, not a sprint and building success takes time
8) Unsuccessful people tend to buy into the “Business Opportunity Syndrome” and are looking for instant gratification as found in the infamous “business in a box” type strategies and instant wealth CLAPTRAP.
9) Successful businesses have solid legs, they are sustainable, plan for future growth and are built with the end in mind
10) Unsuccessful businesses refuse to embrace new change, new technology and once the business has been “thrown up”, it is left to it’s own devices, with the owner or owners spending as much of the profits (if any) as possible.
In short, you don’t have to be the BEST to be GREAT, what you need to do in my opinion is to be EVERYWHERE!. If no one knows about you, they won’t know what you do, they can’t get to like you, if they can’t get to like you – they won’t trust you or buy from you.
Getting started seems to be the No1 stepping stone online. A lot of people people wait until they make the perfect video, the perfect eBook, the perfect website and the perfect sales page.. In essence, most of the products out there are far from perfect, but they sell.
Do you know why?
Because someone, somewhere got off their A** and made it happen.. and didn’t wait to be GREAT!
Oh Well, that’s my RANT! for the day.. ;-)
P.S If you have any comments, I would love to hear from you