By Keith Everett
Here is my take on why some people perhaps don’t get the recognition they deserve and why other people with over inflated EGO’s and their head stuck up in peculiar places seem to shine & dominate..
In short, it’s been a whole six days since I had personally written anything for Keith’s Money Making Tips, and I felt it was time to air my views upon my long suffering readers. yet again!. LOL!..
Here are some observations, I have noted about Successful & Unsuccessful people:
1) Successful people are not necessarily the best at what they do, they just have an uncanny “knack” of convincing people they are.
2) Unsuccessful people may be the best at what they do, but have an uncanny “knack” of being poor at marketing their talent – so no one ever gets to see how great they could have been.
3) Successful people tend to be “driven”. They focus on the “end” result and are not swayed by the temptation to take too many different paths.
4) Unsuccessful people tend to be “all at sea” a lot of the time, they lack focus – and although they could be just as successful as anyone else, they refuse to change their mindset and blame “other things” or other “people” for their problems. Even if the problems are of their own making in the first place.
5) Successful people always tend to look at “positive” angles, even when their own life is currently not looking so great.
6) Unsuccessful people tend to focus on negative things, even when things are looking up for them – they seem hell bent on self sabotage, and attract more negativity into their lives by focusing on problems, instead of the solutions. They tend to “hang” with other like minded “merchants of doom”
7) Successful people realise it’s a marathon, not a sprint and building success takes time
8) Unsuccessful people tend to buy into the “Business Opportunity Syndrome” and are looking for instant gratification as found in the infamous “business in a box” type strategies and instant wealth CLAPTRAP.
9) Successful businesses have solid legs, they are sustainable, plan for future growth and are built with the end in mind
10) Unsuccessful businesses refuse to embrace new change, new technology and once the business has been “thrown up”, it is left to it’s own devices, with the owner or owners spending as much of the profits (if any) as possible.
In short, you don’t have to be the BEST to be GREAT, what you need to do in my opinion is to be EVERYWHERE!. If no one knows about you, they won’t know what you do, they can’t get to like you, if they can’t get to like you – they won’t trust you or buy from you.
Getting started seems to be the No1 stepping stone online. A lot of people people wait until they make the perfect video, the perfect eBook, the perfect website and the perfect sales page.. In essence, most of the products out there are far from perfect, but they sell.
Do you know why?
Because someone, somewhere got off their A** and made it happen.. and didn’t wait to be GREAT!
Oh Well, that’s my RANT! for the day.. ;-)
P.S If you have any comments, I would love to hear from you
How To Get Lucky In Business & Life – By Bob Parsons, CEO – Godaddy
Transcribed from a Bob Parsons video article – by Keith Everett
Luck isn’t something you are born with. Here’s how to change your MINDSET and change your LUCK!
1) Lucky people SHOW UP. Great things don’t usually happen when you are sitting on your great big FAT *** (Sofa LOL)
So GET UP & get PRODUCTIVE….
2) Lucky people are open to trying NEW things and new ways of doing things. Trying new things exposes you to new learning opportunities.
That knowledge can be applied to the things you do in life & business. And those new techniques – often will make you more SUCCESSFUL and when you are more successful – you appear LUCKIER.
3) Lucky people spend an absolute MINIMAL amount of time thinking about themselves. Instead, they focus on the people around them, their current projects or NEW OPPORTUNITIES..because of this AWARENESS – they are often more successful than they would have been otherwise and they appear to be VERY LUCKY.
In contrast, the SELF Obsessed are often to tied up in their own problems & challenges to notice the great opportunities and exciting things happening around them, and as a result, they appear to be very UNLUCKY because they have never really given it a chance.
4) Lucky people don’t usually worry about or fret over results or CONSEQUENCES.. Instead they FOCUS on whatever project or process they’re involved in . When we worry too much about the “WHAT IF’S”, we often talk ourselves out of trying new ideas or pursuing new prospects. Let’s face it – you can come up with a reason to NOT do anything.
5) People who appear to be lucky, know how to turn problem situations into OPPORTUNITIES. To do this, you can’t be pre-occupied with the personal consequences Sure, those consequences matter but if you can set those feelings aside – you will be able to see the problem for what it really is and in the process, turn a lot of those problems into JACKPOT Opportunities.
6) LUCKY people are able to overcome criticism. It’s hard not to take criticism personally. Trust me, I get criticised a lot. The trick here is to NOT let the criticism freeze you up, and keep you form following your plan, or trying new things.. Instead, use the criticism as the fuel to do things BIGGER & BETTER..
7) LUCKY people make it a point to do right by other people. When you listen to and help others, they make it a point to reciprocate and take care of you too. And the fact is, none of us – not any of us, achieve SUCCESS all by ourselves..
8) LUCKY people make it a point to have a positive attitude. When you ATTACK life with an UPBEAT – POSITIVE attitude, you’re SHARPER and more willing to tackle any issues that come your way.
9) LUCKY people expect to do well. You have to BELIEVE in yourself and know that you are a WINNER! And if anyone tries to tell you differently, you should be quick to tell them to %%%% OFF!
10) Find BALANCE. People who are lucky are KIND, first & foremost to THEMSELVES. They make time for themselves & their families, and they always take time to have FUN.
I hope you have enjoyed these 10 tips to getting “Lucky” – please leave your comments here