Today’s Tip is not so much a money making tip in itself… it’s more of a personal SUCCESS Mantra that works very well for me, but of course before we can make money, we have to have the right thinking cap on. Here are some personal thoughts from me..
Sigmund Freud once said “We are born with a pleasure principle, that we will seek immediate gratification of needs, for which our bodies reward us with feelings of pleasure. The reverse is also true, and the pain principle says that, whilst seeking pleasure, people will also seek to avoid pain”.
This was later picked up by modern day personal development specialist, Anthony Robbins and renamed the Pain/Pleasure Principle.
Before we look at what motivates us, we should first check on “WHAT WE HAVE”. It is no good being motivated if we are lacking the CORE elements of SUCCESS.. here is my take on it.
1) Good Health - This is the number 1 principle of SUCCESS. If you don’t have good health, you don’t have anything. It’s no good making millions of dollars a year if your body is taking all your focus off WINNING… If all you are thinking about is making it through the day, because you are in pain, or you are massively UNFIT or unhealthy, this is not success.. Look after your body.
2) Relationships – Not just with other people, but with YOURSELF… We need other people in our lives, this is without doubt. It’s no good being the richest person you know, if YOU are all you know. We need to interact with people, we bounce off other people, we enjoy other people, we love other people, we get loved by other people. We need all this… but also just as important, perhaps even more so – we need a good relationship with OURSELVES.
It’s no good loving other people if we secretly HATE ourselves… WE, aside from our friends, lovers, relatives & colleagues – are all WE have got.. How can we truly enjoy a relationship with another person if we don’t like US..
It makes sense to love OURSELVES too. We are unique in this life, everyone has something great to offer someone. YOU are much more than you THINK..
So, back to the Pain/Pleasure principle… what motivates YOU…
Is it the Pain of NOT doing something, or is it the PLEASURE of doing it? – Why are you doing what you DO?
Here is my own personal Focus list.. I thought I would share with you today.
1) Each and every day I will work on my health – I need to OUTLIVE even my wildest DREAMS.
2) Each and every day I will build relationships with all people, both present and distant – each and every day in every way I will improve myself and build stronger relationships with those I live with, and live for.
3) Each and every day, I will build tangible wealth to support the many dreams I have installed in my mind, both for my own pleasure of seeing life pan out as I see it, and to help others make their own lives pan out as they see it..
Stay FOCUSED... Aim for something SPECIFIC... Avoid DISTRACTIONS.. Make Informed DECISIONS.
It’s not ALL about how you use your time, it’s about how WELL you use your time..
And that’s about it… I hope to have another PERSONAL chat with you sometime…
If you have any comments. I would love to hear from you – Click Here